"A group of around eight individuals who had seceded from the Quakers met in the house of a Mrs Sands in Stoney South (now Stoneleigh Road) from 1838, and the Brooks Street Meeting House was constructed and opened in 1839. Prominent amongst the original members were the chemist John Eliot Howard and his brother Robert, and some funding was also provided by their father, the meteorologist Luke Howard, who moved to Tottenham shortly after. The Howards are commemorated in Tottenham by a blue plaque to Luke at 7, Bruce Grove, and a green plaque to John on the site of his home, Lord's Meade (now Lordship Lane).In 2009, Brook Street Chapel celebrated the 170th anniversary of the opening of the building with a historical tour and presentation."
In 2009, Brook Street Chapel celebrated the 170th anniversary of the opening of the building with a historical tour and presentation. We are pleased to present an adapted copy of the presentation here with some details of the history of the assembly and the Chapel. You can view the presentation below, or download the file from SlideShare.