"The earliest map of the Tottenham area was produced by the Earl of Dorset in 1619 when Tottenham was a village and open country. This is a most unusual map an as much the orientation is south to north rather than north to south that is used on maps today. This old map shows the areas of Downhills, Broad Waters and Lordsmeade as being the area covering the present day Lordship Recreation Ground. Broad Waters was virtually north of the stream then known as the SLYPE (Now the Moselle Brook). South of this stream was Downhills, which does not stretch as far south as the present day Downhills Park. While to the west of the SLYPE is Ducketts and Hawke Park, which is the area that now covers through to Wood Green High Road and Turnpike Lane."