Quakers' Meeting House in Tottenham

Printer-friendly versionPrinter-friendly versionSend by emailSend by email
Plan of the Tottenham Quakers' Meeting House with a branch of the Moselle nearby - Copyright: Religious Society of Friends in Britain
Plan of the Tottenham Quakers' Meeting House with a branch of the Moselle nearby - Copyright: Religious Society of Friends in Britain

The 'plan' image was first published in “The Quakers of Tottenham 1775-1825” by Rita Collie in 1978 (by Edmonton Hundred Historical Society; and reprinted in 2007); it originated from the Friends’ Library. It shows a plan of the Tottenham Meeting House and the land with a branch of the Moselle nearby. It is described as an extract from the conveyance of land from Thomas Shillitoe to the Tottenham Meeting, in 1803.

This may have come from the:
“ Men’s Minutes 7.10.1802 of Tottenham Monthly Meeting and/ or the Register of burials of the Quarterly Meeting of London and Middlesex 1799-1802. It would seem that the map on the conveyance was drawn up in 1803 after the first burial in the new cemetery of 7 year old Thomas Garman.”