White Hart Lane

Printer-friendly versionPrinter-friendly versionSend by emailSend by email
Travellers at White Hart Lane, Maliphant 1880 - Courtesy: Bruce Castle Museum (Haringey Culture, Libraries and Learning)
Travellers at White Hart Lane, Maliphant 1880 - Courtesy: Bruce Castle Museum (Haringey Culture, Libraries and Learning)

"Tottenham Hotspur moved to White Hart Lane in 1899, renovating it from a disused nursery owned by the brewery chain Charringtons, with the help of local groundsman, John Over, into a substandard football pitch. The first game at White Hart Lane resulted in a 4–1 home win against Notts County with around 5,000 supporters attending and witnessing the first game and first victory at the new ground, although referred to at the time as either High Road ground or White Hart Lane."